V1.0, April 15th, 2019
This privacy statement describes how TrustedAudio (hereinafter "AudioTag") collects and uses the personal information you provide on the website www.audiotag.info (hereinafter "Site") and its related domains. It also describes the choices available to you regarding AudioTag's use of your personal information.
We collect and store in our database the following personal information from you:
• contact Information, such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number
• unique Identifiers, such as user name, account number, password
• audio content and information associated with it that you upload for distribution purposes via the AudioTag platform
We also collect the following information from you:
• your sends and posts history
• your activity on the Site (including website and API)
• demographic information, such as age, education, gender, interests, and zip code
As is true of most websites, we automatically gather information about your computer, such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system. We use this information to:
• provide audio recognition service to you and other Site users,
• send you confirmations and notifications,
• assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products and services,
• send you requested product or service information,
• send Site and its service updates,
• respond to customer service requests,
• administer your account,
• send you newsletters,
• send you marketing communications,
• improve our Site and marketing efforts,
• conduct research and analysis,
• display content based upon your interests.
We enable you to create a profile and share audio content with others. Please note that we cannot control the actions of others with whom you may choose to share your content and information.
If you provide us personal information about others or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
We will share your personal information with third parties only for the purpose of fulfilling your content delivery and sharing requests. We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities (such as fulfilling our service duties). These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process;
• when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
• if AudioTag is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, in which case you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information;
• to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
We may use a third party to gather information about how you and others use our Site. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our Site is used.
Our Site includes links to other websites, whose privacy practices may differ from those of AudioTag. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, you can close your account at the account Settings or contact AudioTag administration. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified as a registration mailbox of your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.